This month’s vlog was filmed one of Singapore’s biggest big box chain, TFX, by True Group. Thank you to Reina and the fantastic team for their hospitality.
Read This Month’s Headlines
- Gympass, the leading corporate wellness platform, announced it raised $85M in a Series F funding round at a valuation of US$2.4 billion. The round was led by EQT Growth. Fantastic deal in tough market conditions.
- Aman, the luxury hospitality group, went one better, and received US$360 million in funding from the UAE Royal Family to fund its expansion plans in Japan. Other big news for Aman, former world number one tennis player Maria Sharapova, has entered into a multi-year partnership to become Aman’s first-ever global wellness ambassador.
- Cult.fit, India’s leading fitness and lifestyle company, will expand its franchise gym business after successfully enlisting 100 franchisees to open fitness centres across the country. They will also launch Evolve Yoga, a new evidence-based, transformative yoga format designed to enhance flexibility and mobility.
- Centr, the health and wellness ecosystem founded by Chris Hemsworth, announced the introduction of 27 new products which include curated Fitness Kits (Core, Strength, Recovery, Workout) and Strength Training Equipment that are now available in Walmart. This marks a new Comprehensive Wellness Strategy aiming to provide both digital and physical services.
- And big news, this time from us, this will be our last ever monthly report as FIT Summit. We are rebranding to better reflect all we do globally. Our new company, Beyond Activ, launches in early October, with a new website, more events, expanded partner opportunities. FIT Summit will always be in our hearts but our next chapters will be written as Beyond Activ.
- In Singapore, The Trapeze Group will open a second concept, Hideaway, in Robertson Quay. Hideaway is a massage concept focused on healing and recovery – think modern massage treatments, cold plunges, and traditional saunas.
- There is a new longevity clinic at Alexandra Hospital. The Healthy Longevity Clinic – the first of its kind in the world involving a public hospital – can reveal how much an individual’s body is aging and develop tailored health plans to combat this.
- NParks and KPMG Singapore announced the completion of the multigenerational KPMG Wellness Garden. It includes a nature playgarden, therapeutic garden, nature fitness area, and a pond trail, each zone will cater to different user groups, ensuring inclusiveness and accessibility for all.
- Evolution Wellness announces the opening of its 5th licensed GoFit location in Singapore – GoFit City Hall, plus, FireFit makes a Singapore debut at The Concourse.
- Singaporean wellness retailer Evo Commerce raised SGD$2.8M from investors, including IJK Capital Partners and the founder and CEO of Carousell.
- In Indonesia, Marriott announces a landmark agreement to open three branded hotels in Indonesia’s emerging capital, Nusantara. The move highlights Marriott’s strategic expansion and alignment with Indonesia’s eco-friendly initiatives.
- Fitnessworks Indonesia, sister brand of Urban Athletes, will soon be available in 3 big cities in East Java – congrats to Vera and her team.
- In Pakistan, 5 new TriFit Clubs will be operational in the next 60 days, each club offering 300+ Group X classes per week. Huge congrats to Ahmar and his team.
- In Hong Kong, web3 wellness ecosystem Live4Well received HK100M from parent company GYMetaverse, owners of German apparel brand Gym Aesthetics.
- Plus the new boutique gym 111 Ones Fitness, opened in the heart of Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
- Across the water, Macau’s first and largest outdoor yoga and musical carnival “Hush! Beach Concerts x Urban Yogo Wellfest” is launching this November. The Macau Government merged the two events together to create a unique event for wellness. Great initiative by the Macau Government to promote wellbeing.
- Further up north, China’s Asian Games Village fitness center opens and joins the ranks as one of the largest gyms worldwide of its kind at a whopping 8000 sqm (86,000 sqft).
- Finally in Japan, UBX JAPAN is officially open for business! This month marked the successful opening of the first three UBX gyms in the Tokyo suburbs of Kagurazaka, Kodemmacho and Omori.
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
- Healthia, operator of allied health services in Australia, accepted a A$260M takeover bid from Pacific Equity Partners.
- Accor has expanded its agreement with Peloton to see Peloton Bikes installed in more than 50 of its hotels, resorts and apartments across Australia.
- Sydney’s long-awaited Parramatta Aquatic Centre will open its doors after six years and an extensive $88.6 million refurbishment. Gym, spa, steam and sauna facilities will be part of the new fitness and wellness hub.
- REVL Training has an exciting milestone with the launch of their 25th location Open in Campbelltown, South Australia, coming this October. They will also expand with 12 New Studios in Singapore by 2028. Huge kudos to Ben, Josh and the REVL team!
- Australia’s own fast growing franchise, Air Locker Training, is landing in the USA (San Diego) next month! Congrats Roman and the team.
- Australia’s Alta Global has acquired youth fitness app Steppen in an effort to boost its footprint in the fitness industry worldwide.
- And finally, The Fit Guide will launch in their fourth city, Sydney in late October! Congrats Jack and Matt!
- This month is a huge landmark for Wellfit as they onboard 45 new team members to run their third Flagship Club called Madar in the heart of Sharjah. They open this incredible 65,000 SQFT facility in late October – congrats to Dmitry, Gareth and the team.
- Technogym will now exclusively supply their equipment to 150 Leejam gyms in Saudi Arabia – congrats to Nerio and his team.
- And finally, award-winning supplement brand, Innermost, is now set up in the Middle East and will be looking to scale in the region. Innermost already partners with Evolution Group throughout Singapore and Malaysia.
NEWS FROM OUR INDUSTRY & LEADERSHIP CIRCLE PARTNERS
- Hapana is partnering with Stripe to expand globally! With Stripe, Hapana will be able to provide native payments experiences to their customers, regardless of business size or their location in the world. Congrats to Jarron, Corey and team!
- Fitness industry goXpro secured funding from NAVIS Capital. goXpro currently operates in Australia, Southeast Asia, France, Belgium and Switzerland, with imminent expansion into the UAE, UK, Canada and the US
- Global HIIT franchisor Orangetheory Fitness debuted Strength 50, a new class combining its signature heart rate-based interval training with an emphasis on weight training to build functional strength.
- Keepme this month includes the launch of Version 3, which includes the addition of “Keepme Creator”, the first AI powered content generator created specifically for the Fitness Industry. You can find more information on this here.
- iFIT partnered with Fit Athletic Club – creating an omnichannel offering, a gym without walls, for its members. Plus congrats to Chuck Fedorka & Thomas Sweigart who just joined their leadership team
- White Tiger just launched their Revolutionary Digital Qigong Teacher Certification: Ancient Wisdom Meets Cutting-Edge Science. Their new Five-Force Qi Mats are now available for purchase too
- Wexer and SH1FT Fitness partner up
- to launch express workouts
- STRONG Pilates Somerton Park wins Australia’s Pilates Business of the Year. STRONG also clinches number #1 for several categories under the 10Thousand Feet Strategic Research data survey.
- Life Fitness recently created LFX, a new functional training experience that combines equipment with programming, education and digital experiences to give facilities an all-in-one solution: expertly equipped functional training spaces along with guidance on how to design workouts and run group training classes.
- Spartans Boxing Club prepares to launch their third branch in the dynamic hub of Dubai, Midtown. Congratulations to Naz, Russell, and the team!
- Great news from the BODY BIKE Connectivity lab, the BODY BIKE SMART+ can now connect with Apple watch and track fitness activities in the iPhone fitness app, available for WatchOS 10 and iOS 17 and beyond. Congratulations Uffe and team!
- Matrix Fitness announces an expansion of partnership with the John W. Brick Mental Health Foundation – brilliant work, very pleased for Victor, Lynne. and all involved.
- ZIVA, continues its rapid drive into the US market this month, securing sizable contracts with big name brands like Orangetheory Fitness and Gold’s Gym
- And finally, ISSA has partnered with Moduvated Fitness in Mexico to grow the ISSA brand with more Spanish-speaking fitness professionals and to offer workshops in English and Spanish
- Huge congratulations to InBody for reaching a significant achievement of 100 Million InBody Tests recorded worldwide. Truly inspiring to see how the Korea-based company has helped millions upon millions of people be better educated and aware of their health and wellbeing.